Gift Aid It
Using Gift Aid means that for every £1 you give, we get an extra 25p from the HM Revenue & Customs, making your donation go even further.
This means that each £100 can be turned into £128, just so long as the following criteria are met:
- The Donor must pay UK Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax equal to the amount of tax we reclaim on your donation.
- You must ensure that all FULL names, house number/name and postcodes are written CLEARLY.
- On sponsorship forms, the 'Gift Aid Declaration' box is 'ticked' accordingly.
- The sponsorship money submitted to us MUST correspond EXACTLY with the amount shown as 'collected' on the sponsorship forms. If it does not, we will be unable to claim any of the Gift Aid.
Gift Aid Exclusions
Please note that if the MND Association has paid for your participation in an event, i.e. The London Marathon (Golden Bond) or our 'Challenge Events', then the following people's donation cannot be Gift Aided:
- Family members (wife, husband, grandson, uncle etc)
- Wife or husband of a family member
- A company under the control of the participant or under the control of a family member.